Thursday, September 16, 2010

Analyzing 3 essays (2)

The next three essays I read were: Control: How Jane Austen forces us to agree with Elizabeth's decisions by I for Imelda, The Ball's latest Gossip: Austen's use of Rumor as a Tool for Character Introduction and Development by O for Orlando, and finally Mrs. Bennet: Austen's Punching Bag by C2.

I for Imelda could have used better organization and structure in her introductory paragraph to set the reader up for what was to come. The topic sentences were a bit too sudden- which could be because the thesis was not clear enough. However, I for Imelda does not lack clarity. I was able to understand her ideas throughout the essay.

O for Orlando's introduction was a bit too wordy and a little difficult to follow. Though it was concise, he could have used much more powerful sentences to get his idea thoroughly across to the reader. Otherwise, I enjoyed reading this essay.

C2 was my favorite essay out of the three. The writing was clear, interesting, and structured well. It kept me interested throughout the entire essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment