Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Essay Review #1

After reading the comments on my essay, I realized that I need to work on three major aspects: structure, idea, and topic sentences.
Firstly, to make my essay more understandable, I need to cut down on the length of my paragraphs, allowing the reader to be well focused all throughout my writing. Shorter paragraphs would have made for a better grasp of the idea being discussed, enhancing the entire essay's clarity.
Secondly, my idea should have been better developed. The depth of the essay depends upon the idea being discussed and whether it is intriguing to the reader or not. I learned that my creativity is still underway and I need to brainstorm more extensively on my essays to come up with more innovative ideas to write about.
Thirdly, I learned that a detailed topic sentence lays out an overview of the paragraph much like the thesis does of the essay. Next time, I will be sure to make my topic sentences more specific, thus reflective of a particular claim.
I am proud of my improvement in clarity on my essay and of not straying off the topic at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment