Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Glee: Creative Post #2

I still remember the day that Glee premiered on the Fox network. Naturally, I was skeptical of it since it was the first musical show that would be introduced on this particular channel. It turned out to be one of the most influential, important and realistic shows I have ever seen. Though I have noticed that it gets a lot of criticism from today's "cool" youth, I have developed an attachment to the characters and show more than I expected I would. Truthfully, Glee embodies the everyday problems that today's high schoolers go through. The producers, director, and actors skillfully transform every issue into music and transcend verbal barriers in achieving a connection with their audience. There has been more than one episode that has moved me to tears. The simple fact is that, they GET IT. No other show is out there that acknowledges the troubles of every type of kid out there. They just get it! I cannot think of any other statement to prove my point. There is no way, without a doubt, that any teenager will not appreciate Glee if they have not seen it. It is a stress-reliever, a comedy, a relatable story, encourages individuality and finally, it promotes the use of music to overcome your problems. A healthy way of dealing with the various emotions that kids deal with on a daily basis. More than JUST a musical, Glee is an escape. I love it and I always will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment