Monday, May 2, 2011

College Bucket List

I will be going to California State University at Northridge for the Fall 2011 semester. Though this school was not my first choice, I have learned to accept it and plan my future in accordance to my goals. I will be attending CSUN for two years and then transferring to UCLA. The reason I chose this path over community college is because I needed to move out!!! As much as I love my family and enjoy my life at home, I crave to be independent. I thought to myself, that just because I didn't get into my first choice doesn't mean I have to forfeit being an adult!! So, my decision to go to CSUN was tough and tested my commitment to education, but now, I am confident in my choice. All I know is that it will be difficult to accomplish my goals of transferring and then going to a good Law School, but starting now, I am more dedicated and serious about my future then ever, and no one can shoot that down. I'm on a mission ;)

These are the things that I will bring to CSUN for my first year in the dorms:

1.) Clothes
2.) My Laptop
3.) My phone
4.) My purse rack
5.) Warm sheets
6.) An open mind
7.) A good attitude
8.) Positivity
9.) Blinders-- (metaphor) to remain focused on my goal :D
10.) Willingness to have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Gauri,
    I respect your decision and your explanation.
    Dr Forman

    ReplyDelete