Monday, May 16, 2011

Is This Really Goodbye?

I can't believe it. Tomorrow is our very last day of attending a Buckley class. At first, when I thought of the end, it was as if I couldn't wait. Time was slow and I thought to myself: "GOD! I JUST WANT TO LEAVE ALREADY!" But now I look back and realize how wrong I have been from the get go. I'm going to miss this place like crazy. Yes, I have had my bad memories from Buckley, but they have been the building blocks to my own self-acceptance. It is unimaginable, not walking onto the Buckley campus in late August, ready to start a fresh new year as a high school student... almost surreal.

In my first few years at Buckley, I was a misfit. I didn't have many friends and I didn't like it very much. However, this year has definitely been the most emotional and eye-opening of all. I realized how much and how deeply I love everyone in my grade and how special we all are in our own ways. Though we have had our differences, saying goodbye is going to be tough. I won't see the same faces everyday... I won't hang out in the same spots, and I surely won't be laughing with the same people...

What an adventure it has been, spending 10 years at Buckley. I don't regret any of it. My experiences have been beautiful, stressful, and irreplaceable. So finally, I say goodbye to Buckley and goodbye to my grade. Thank you for an unforgettable 10 years. :)

<3 you guys FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment